We Are Hiring!
Ingrain Architecture are looking for an experienced Part 2 Architectural Assistant to join their team in Faversham, Kent, UK.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious designer with strong presentation skills and a strong work ethic to join our studio. You will be working on a number of projects ranging from small domestic extensions and refurbishments to larger residential housing developments, there will also be the opportunity to work on some educational and leisure projects. We are a small but growing practice, so the role will be varied and will cross all RIBA work stages, but typically you will be helping with early-stage concept designs, preparing drawings for planning applications and building regulation submissions.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- To be fully qualified as an ARB / RIBA Part 2.
- Excellent presentation and graphic skills.
- A strong design portfolio.
- A keen interest in sustainable architecture.
- The ability to work as part of a team but also individually.
- Confident working on concept designs, with a keen eye for detail.
- A good understanding and experience of the Building Regulations / best practice / recognised guidance.
- Must be able to take initiative and be creative.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup and the general Adobe products (PS, ID, IL), and experience of other programs such as Revit or Enscape are beneficial but not essential.
- The ability to work to a varying workload and tight deadlines.
- A desire to learn and to progress in a supportive environment.
- Have great communication and presentation skills, with a high standard of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of the UK planning process and previous experience working on planning applications would also be looked upon favourably.
- Full UK/EU driving license.
- Must like dogs!
Location: The role will be office based.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Salary: £24,000.00-£27,500.00 per year
The office is situated in an incredible setting, which also features free parking on site.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief summary of the position you are applying for and why you would like to work with us.
Please also attach a letter outlining your experience, ambitions and availability along with a CV and a PDF portfolio, up to a maximum of 10MB showcasing your work, including images and text. Ingrain Architecture is an equal opportunities employer. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Closing date for applications: 14th February 2022